AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Your Ideal Smartphone and OS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 7/19/2011 19:15 (#1870334 - in reply to #1868362)
Subject: Re: Your Ideal Smartphone and OS

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Your link says the new I-phone app "will work over wi fi and 3G". I doubt this will work like the BB messenger.  

BB Messenger now works well anywhere I have a phone signal, even a weak one. There are all sort of Skype-type apps that try to do the same thing as BB but none of them work universally as far as I can tell.

With BB Messenger we can communicate with text and pictures as a group between folks that are at farm shows in Pittsburg KS, Mosinee WI , our ILL office, or with a customer in North Dakota simultaneously. Even folks on vacation can chime in if they have something to add.

We have different groups setup but usually use "everyone". And it works anywhere we have a Verizon CDMA phone signal. If you are in a valley somewhere, it catches up with you as soon as you are in range of a tower.

No one needs to log in nor be on wifi nor even have a 3G signal. It seems like the new phones are all designed for someone who can see a 3G or 4G tower. In our business we are often seeing nothing but the horizon.

Maybe the I-phone 5 will do this. If not we will wait for I-phone 6.

BB also has excellent security controls.

Unfortunately mine also has a trackball...

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 7/19/2011 19:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)