AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smartboom and Smartrow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sparrell
Posted 7/4/2011 19:24 (#1848627 - in reply to #1846583)
Subject: Re: Smartboom and Smartrow

Would it work to hook up an Accurow node via the CAN port in the Cruizer 2 and leave the Smartsteer hooked up to the serial port B/D that is right below the CAN port on the back of the Cruizer 2? That is how it kinda looks on this Raven wiring diagram? If I am correct, it looks like I would need CAN to serial 115-0171, CAN bus kit 117-0159-923, Accuboom kit 117-1004-39(actually in the case of planter control I assume I would need a different but similar Accurow harness in this spot instead of the Accuboom harness in the picture), the node, and then a harness to go from the node to the planter?

Does the Smartboom system work with the CAN wiring or is that a strictly serial controlled application? If it only hooks up serially, in my case the Accurow might be a way better option since the Smartsteer is already using the serial port? In this post, did you really mean to say that if the Smartsteer was hooked up serially instead of CAN, you would defiantly go with the Accurow? I am a little confused as why you said go with the Accurow if the Smartsteer was hooked up CAN? It would make allot more sense to me if you had said that if the smartsteer is hooked up SERIALLY, then defiantly go Accurow.

Thanks for your time Amc4life, I really appreciate your expertise.

Edited by sparrell 7/4/2011 19:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)