AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro 600 Swath Select
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bakes800
Posted 5/28/2011 08:21 (#1795683 - in reply to #1794354)
Subject: RE: Pro 600 Swath Select

United States
I have this same problem. Glad to see this subject came up in here. I have a 16 row with min turn radius set at minimum (40') After having some success in one or two fields, it will will fail me. I will create a swath using the field boundry or using continuous driving. It will successfully create a boundry if one wasn't there. I can also recreate the boundry to match my first swath. When it fails to create that second pass, it throws a warning. Something like this, "Shape of field is too irregular to creat swath, turns are too tight. Set Min Turn Radius lower or recreate swath." This usually happens when a corner in the field is sharp, much less than 90 degrees. The software tries to creat a turn through a sharp corner witha big broad sweeping corner. I know no one who would want to pull anything through a curve like that, especially a planter. It seems to me that the line should just intersect so it can just kick out of auto. I will plant up to the fence and then back into the corner and fill everyhting in. No auto steer can do that yet. It frustrating when you have a function like this that could be very impressive, but when it can't make a corner(that I don't want it to drive anyway), it fails to create 99% of the rest of the line.
So yes, because of this one limitation, I still need $5000 worth of markers on the planter. On the other hand, it works great!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)