AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So if I jump to Apple...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

NEBeef
Posted 4/27/2011 11:00 (#1748009 - in reply to #1746238)
Subject: RE: So if I jump to Apple...

Yes, in the case of Macs vs. windows PC/laptops, you pretty much get what you pay for. I got a new Mac laptop last year, it replaced the Mac laptop I bought in 1999. How many windows laptops do you see running for 11 years?

You can do anything on a Mac that you can do on Windows, from simple things like Word/Excel to running sw that only runs under Windows by using something like Parallels which actually runs the Windows OS on the Mac - you can run Mac OS and Windows at the same time. The worst part can be buying the new sw, Word isn't cheap, but I've had good luck w/ Open Office, which is free, for example. If you need to get into things like multiple OS's, that's more complicated and more expensive (you'd need to buy a copy of Win7, for instance) , not for a novice. But there's plenty of support available.

If you're happy with your windows experience, and have no interest in trying something better, buy a cheap machine and stick with that. But most people who go the Mac route never look back...

Edited by NEBeef 4/27/2011 11:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)