AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Privacy issues with iPhone??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 4/21/2011 20:52 (#1737470 - in reply to #1737165)
Subject: Re: Privacy issues with iPhone??

I don't know why she would be mad since every new generation of iPhone is released in the summer.

It is nobody's fault but their own if they don't read user agreements. Stuff like this is precisely why they exist. Some out there are PO'd 'cause Apple isn't talking about this - there is nothing to talk about, IMO. Once again - I don't see the issue here. None of this info is being transmitted to Apple or anyone else. Google, collecting data through their search engine and your browsing habits through Chrome is a far greater violation of "privacy" than this is, yet nobody seems bent out of shape about that...?? Also, most if not all of these smartphones tag photos with GPS data. Lots of people post these pics to online photo sites. Anyone out there can grab those photos and pinpoint the exact location is was taken. Again, a far bigger risk in that - especially if you have young children - yet nobody is making a big deal about that either. Folks, this is the media trying to stir up controversy.

Having said that - I downloaded the utility that is supposed to let you view the data in the backup file on the computer. It popped up a dialog box saying the file could not be found. I searched for it manually and couldn't find it either. I'm now wondering if this is limited to the AT&T iPhones - but have not been able to find anything to confirm this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)