AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Android users beware
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 3/5/2011 00:34 (#1651121 - in reply to #1651110)
Subject: Re: Android users beware

roaming
paul the original - 3/4/2011 23:25
Kind of a jigsaw puzzle at times with some pieces missing. So advanced in some ways, and so lacking the basic functions of a web device.

It's still probably better than anything else out there like it! But it's not perfect.

Agreed. In its niche, it is no doubt (currently) the best product. But I have yet to figure out exactly what that niche is. Why would I want a tablet, especially one that doesn't have voice-call capabilities (except for via a 3rd-party app)??? If I want to type a document, have easy web browsing, or do other laptop-type operations, I'm going to use a laptop. If I want to make a call, I'm going to use a phone. Why would I want to buy a "tablet" that has only limited computing capabilities and only a touchscreen keyboard, and that won't allow me to make a phone call? I still need my laptop and my phone, so now I've just dropped several hundred dollars on a very limited-use toy. At least that's how I see the tablet right now (and this would go for any tablet, not just the iPad, although it gets most of the blame by virtue of its hype and market share).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)