AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The little things that set the iPhone apart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 2/25/2011 20:19 (#1636189 - in reply to #1634995)
Subject: RE: I had it on my X

The X would play a radar in motion, but nothing I found that would run on the X was clear, clean and crisp. They were all like the Weather Bug and a whole host of others where the edges got fuzzy and if you tried to zoom in they were even worse. Weather Underground is what I use on my home computer, costs me $10 per year to have a version without popups. On the iphone they have an iphone version that runs through the Safari browser. Same clear clean radar that is on my home computer even when I zoom in to the point the screen only covers 3 or 4 miles. I can literally watch it round by round when I am combining and know when I need to head to the barn.

It's one of those things that if you've never had it you might not miss it, but for me watching the weather coming in while I am in the field is important.

I will see if I can figure out a way to get a picture of it and post sometime.

Everything has it's pro's and con's, I've had both and for more than just a 30 day trial. The only thing the Droid had that I miss is the ability to have a daily screen like Outlook to show your day's schedule at a glance on the front page. Other than that I am glad I switched back to the iphone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)