AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The little things that set the iPhone apart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 2/25/2011 00:46 (#1634720 - in reply to #1633522)
Subject: I had it on my X

I had my Droid X before flash was available and then downloaded it when 2.2 became available. I had gone from an iphone 3GS to the Droid X and one thing that I really noticed is the quality of the radar pics and the lack of good motion radar on the X as compared to the iphone and specifically a website that I really like called Weather Underground. They have fantastic, clear clean radar pics and great radar in motion, even zoomed in on the iphone it was still clear and clean without the pixels that tend to show up when you zoom into something.

I was told numerous times that once Flash was available for the Droid it would solve all of the problems. It didn't. Some web sites would run on the flash, a lot would run and quit and get hung up or run jerky compared to the same site that had an iphone version. As far as I was concerned Flash on the Droid X was a waste of time, fully half the time it didn't work for one reason or another.

It's a free county out there, Obama hasn't screwed us that bad yet. Everyone can use what ever they like. For me I went back to an iphone. Smoother to use, more precise for my fat fingers on small spots on a web page, where we are at the service I get with At&t is faster than it was with the Droid X on Verizon. Being able to receive texts and email while talking on the phone is a plus. Often if I am talking and someone really needs to get hold of me they will text me because they know I will see it and can respond. Verizon doesn't have that ability as far as I know. My daughter has been a firm believer in her Droid slider, she converted from a BB. Last weekend when we were visiting her at KSU she took my phone and was sending some pics to herself that we had taken at the game. I had been trying to get her to go try an iphone now that Verizon has them because she doesn't want to switch carriers but she had resisted. Her comment after using mine was "oh my, I shouldn't have tried this, now I am going to want one" She was amazed at how much smoother the iphone operated now that she had gotten used to her Droid.

I know a lot of folks like to bash Apple, but feature for feature the price is not far apart if you look at the quality of what you are getting.

I looked a long time before we switched from PC's to Apple and I am just sorry I waited so long. Eric mentioned it in this thread, Apple products just work. Plain and simple.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)