AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are these acceptable Wireless terms of service a customer should agree to
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/2/2011 17:32 (#1522004 - in reply to #1520897)
Subject: Re: Are these acceptable Wireless terms of service a customer should agree to

southern MN
Unrelated:

I got myself a cheap Garmin GPS for Christmas. As I was bored & sitting in my living room when I looked at it, not near a car, I read through the licence agreement. All of it. I forget now, 65 pages of agreement? It went on & on... Garmin, and 3 other companies all had their own legaleeze agreemnts. At one point 2 of them seemed to be at odds with each other. The word 'and' was misspelled near the middle of it.

I believe it is a crime for me to look at my Garmin and tell you where we are located. But there is nothing at all ever any of the 4 companies fault for anyhing, one company will allow a 1 dollar settlement, the other 3 are totally blameless on anyhing. Any disagreements have to be filed in Iliinois, but one company it is in an eastern state. And it doesn't matter because they aren't to blame for anything at all.

It was a hoot. But we do agree to a whole lot on these licencing agreemnts. I think I agreed that if the device was activated, I agreed to it even if I wasn't the one who pushed the button or knew anything about the agreement? Donno how that could be....

I wonder if I am about the 5th person to ever actually read it?

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)