AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IPad printing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 1/1/2011 12:51 (#1519320 - in reply to #1518535)
Subject: Re: IPad printing

As Highplains mentioned, it takes a printer that is Airprint capable. There are only a few on the market so far, but as popular as the iPad has become, I'm sure there will be a lot more coming. That still doesn't change the fact that you'd need to buy a different printer.

Having said that - the capability to print to any printer on the network was in a beta release of iOS 4, but was pulled at the last minute. Some speculate that Apple was having problems with the feature and yanked it. Apple is good about not letting things get to market unless they work pretty decent. I'm thinking this may still make it into a future OS release, but needs some wrinkles ironed out first. They will leave a much desired feature out of a release before letting something buggy get out - most of the time. Cut and Paste was a classic example.

There are a bunch of apps in the iTunes Store that claim to allow printing from the iPad - but I have no idea how or if they work well or not. My folks own the iPad in the family but have no need to print from it, so I couldn't comment on any of those apps. Might be worth investigating though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)