AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Android tablet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

agrarianyuppie
Posted 12/25/2010 00:32 (#1505641)
Subject: Android tablet

SE Iowa

I'm in need of several touchscreen tablets operating Android...I'm needing a model that has a 2.0? (full size) usb port that I can use for placing files onto a flash drive or other card reader. 

I found some info on a few with usb ports but the reviews seemed to have an off shore slant to their vocabulary...7 inch, 9.8 inch....I don't care....I just need a good screen and a usb port...would love to have one on a 3G network but may just have to use a puck for a while until the cellular providers of my preference (Verizon or US Cellular) offer a tablet that'll work....

Edit to add:  I would love to go the Ipad route but Mac seems intent on not letting me get anything directly out of the Ipad...I need these tablets for a mobile application receiving work orders in a custom app and then uploading the pertinent files onto a flash drive to be transferred to a field computer.....I'm looking to consolidate my dispatch of work orders from a central location and don't have the physical space or patience for laptops in the field..... 

I don't need these in place until maybe June 1 of '11 but I need to have a plan on what I'm doing long before then....

Thanks for any suggestions.....

Edited by agrarianyuppie 12/25/2010 01:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)