AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

farm works or quick books?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 11/15/2010 23:33 (#1438021 - in reply to #1430892)
Subject: Re: farm works or quick books?

Iu se Quickbook Pro, son uses Farm Works. I think FW is a better program for what you're wanting to do but is harder to learn to use. I know he went to a 3 day seminar for FW. With QB all you need to know is how to do double entry. Over the years I have broken QB down into a lot of accounts, subaccounts, & subaccounts of subaccounts till it's at the place that it works for me. One thing I haven't figured out is how to track ghrain sales with it to my satisfaction.

Besides ease of use, the other reason I went with QB is that I run a couple non-farm business on it that I'm not sure FW could do. If I were doing it over I would look closer at FW. When I first started with QB payroll was part of the program. Several years ago they started charging extra for payroll capability. I still use an older version of QB on an older computer for payroll. I've tried moving that version of QB to my new computer but the payroll service is blocked. Seems they are charging more & more for"extras" that use to be part of the std program. The old computer is on it's last leg, not sure what I'll do when it goes kapoot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)