AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spec out my next Desktop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

L8Bloomer
Posted 7/12/2010 18:48 (#1270438 - in reply to #1270238)
Subject: RE: Spec out my next Desktop

SW Ohio
Some years ago I built my own computers and a few for an account that I did the networking for. I'm no expert but I think the price for the custom build got too much greater than those from HP or Dell and others. There is value in volume buying and selling.

Unless you have someone who really knows what he's/she's doing and at a very reasonable price I would recommend "factory built". Read online reviews and pick one that suits your needs and budget. I think it will be a better buy. As I said that was then. What I read about "7" makes me think (hope) that a custom may be faster and more stable than those I built but still more expensive.

There are software tweaks that just about anyone can do with a little help from the net. If you don't want to do the tweaks hire someone to tweak the "factory box" for you. This may be the best route since your problems may be more related to the programs running than the computer hardware.

Computers have evolved to the point that a custom build will be hard put to gain anything for you. Even gamers can buy mass produced boxes.

Just my rather outdated thoughts,
Good Luck,
Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)