AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cellphone contacts - transferring??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 7/9/2010 01:15 (#1266070 - in reply to #1266066)
Subject: Re: Cellphone contacts - transferring??

Steve, it may depend on how you have your current phone backed up. Since I have a 9650, I sync it to my laptop using Outlook which works well. If you can sync your current phone to something like Outlook, at least you would have the data on your computer, and you might be able to Export it into a useful format. Many programs export or import with CSV or other text formats, which makes it easy to import into another program.

The choice may be what kind of phone you get, and whether you can import the data into it from your computer....otherwise, it may be all manual entry.

I know now Verizon has something that might be useful. It's called their Backup Assistant, which backs up your contacts over the air to Verizon. When you get a new phone, you can use that to restore your contacts. It's not well publicized by Verizon, but I'm told it works good. Doesn't help though unless you have an old Verizon phone and going to a new one. It may help though to do the backup so you have it in electronic format. Perhaps you could export it, and import it into something your new phone could use.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)