AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How narrow should I go on bean planter??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OHKen
Posted 6/24/2010 18:00 (#1249204 - in reply to #1248840)
Subject: Re: How narrow should I go on bean planter??

Ohio
zipper: we did that in the 90"s, used a white dannish tine row cultivator. It's one of those things that sounds good but when actually trying to do it-not so good. Now given said that , with the technolgy that has come our way with auto steering and RTK, maybe. I remember pulling the 15's apart and seeing way more root pruning then I felt comfortable with. If I were going to attempt this today it would be with 20's and RTK. Long time ago I saw an article in Farm Show where the farmer had a furrowing device on his planter and single rib tires on his cultivating tractor. The farmer claimed once you got the furrows set properly the single ribs would stay right in the furrow WAH LAH yankee ingenuity, auto steer. I always thought that would be a very inexpensive way to get accurate cultivating. Team that furrow with a hydraulic shift three point hitch and the bullet sensor to slide in that furrow and you could get even more accurate. The only draw back I saw was the chance of errosion starting in that furrow. At the least it's food for thought.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)