AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto backup for PCs on network????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

guessrow
Posted 6/3/2010 17:08 (#1223394 - in reply to #1223281)
Subject: Works great after setup.

Le Sueur VIA St.Thomas
Hello,

Yes, this can be set up to happen automatically. My d-link came w/'Memeo' software, but it was only a trial version. After realizing that I could set up the same thing w/windows stuff, I canned the 'Memeo' (although buying software may not be a bad think- it would probably make life simpler.) and just went with windows.

On a side note, my computer crashed a while back. I did have to reinstall windows and get it running well enough for the computer to recognize network. I then used the system restore wizard and went back to my last backup that had been stored on the d-link. I was up and running with the 'old' sestup in a matter of a couple hours- no data lost.

If you do go this route, you will need to set up how you save things. You will likely be runnung more than on thing. Then, after you 'think' you have it set up for automatic backups, wait until a scheduled BU and verify it the next day. It's fairly simple and if you go this route, I'd be willing to help you out.

I did a bunch of research a while back when I was looking for NAS devices and liked D-Link the best.

good luck -jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)