AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FMC LV Pea Combines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

J.Hasert
Posted 4/11/2010 19:22 (#1158877)
Subject: FMC LV Pea Combines

I am writting a story for Heritage Iron magazine on the old pull type pea combines and the way peas were harvested in the 1960's and 70's. I grew up around the FMC LV and H2 pea combines in Western, New York in the late 1970's and early 1980's .

Does any one know when the pull type combines phased out the old stationery viners? In my reserach it looks like the pull type combines pushed out viners between 1960 and 1965.

My other question is about the pea train combine. This early style pull type was a for runner to the LV combine. In some LV information I have from 1966 it states there will be 2,000 units in use by 1967. When were the pea train units used and when did the LV come in to use. From the brochure I have it looks like the FMC H2 pull type came out in 1976 and then the FMC 125 pod stripper came out in 1980.

Mainly I am trying to create a time line in the developement of pea harvesting. Any and all information is appreciated. Pictures are always great to see too.  Here are a few from my archives.

Pea Viner

Viner

Pea Train

Pea Train

LV

LV

H2

H2

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version