AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I can help with your computer issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

chris23892
Posted 2/19/2010 22:57 (#1083354 - in reply to #1083282)
Subject: Re: I can help with your computer issues

Urbandale IA
That's a entire new thread there ~L~
Main point of this thread is computer issues. If your machine is not working right, how can you expect APEX to function right?

I worked on 5 machines this week. Each machine had your classic ~out of the box~ virus protection; Norton, Mcafee..All the ones that you pay dearly for. Here's the summery:

1.) Had 141 virus, 2,343 Malware and hijackers. Windows security was disables as was the auto update and security patches. a few of these destroyed windows. Had to reformat, they lost everything
2.) 18 Virus and a really nasty one that hijacked their windows secutiy and Kaspersky. Fixed
3.) 34 virus- the entire reg edit was corrupted and this had a wicked worm- This worm was designed to data mine information like passwords, account numbers- They had to change ALL their passwords and online activities. They were running Norton and the subscription was up to date, running normally
4.) 7 virus- infected the actual boot sector of their Hard drive. They lost everything.
5.) 67 virus and a hijacker that actually re-wrote IE 8 and directed all traffic through a proxy server somewhere in Russia.

All these machines had up to date virus portection.

Some Pointers for keeping APEX healthy
* do a (CTRL+ALT+DEL) ; if you have more then 39 processes running, you have problems. APEX will become unstable.
* If you have ANY virus, Malware,Spybot,Hijackers, security decoys, APEX will be a ticking time bomb (as will anything else running on your machine).

We take computers for granted and are lulled into a false security because we paid for a subscription for an anti-virus.

The million dollar question is how much is your data worth? Get those machines cleaned and tuned up before spring time.

You'd be surprized how much better APEX functions.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you really have some nasty things going on. You wait too long, the only option will be to re-format the drive. There's some REAL BAD things running around on the net.

Some more tips later..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)