AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seeking guidance on computer purchase
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 1/9/2010 15:31 (#1013210 - in reply to #1012936)
Subject: Re: Seeking guidance on computer purchase

Wheatsurfer - 1/9/2010 11:41

Thank you Hay for your thoughts, yeah when I pry my checkbook open to buy almost any piece of equipment I get what looks like way more than I need. It usually ends up that in time that extra turns out to be just barely enough. As far as laptops go one ? I have is do they last as long as a desktop. I also wondered if for the same money a guy could buy a big powered up desktop and a somewhat small too modest laptop rather than a big powered up laptop by itself and the extras that would make it like a desktop.
Yes we have DSL and a router that is a wireless G.
Again I appreciate your help and would welcome more and from anyone else too.

Laptops will last for a very long time....but a desktop is much easier to upgrade if you choose to do so at some point in the future. Upgrading a desktop usually means a better video card, more memory, bigger hard drive/second hard drive, add a CD/DVD/Blu Ray, etc. Upgrading a laptop is usually rather limited....more memory, maybe a different HD....and you have to do it when it is still fairly new otherwise parts will be unavailable or incompatible.

If you are concerned over having it for a long time, the desktop would be a better way to go. You would be able to upgrade it yourself over time if needed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)