AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

credit card sweeper on laptop? any experience?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Funacres
Posted 1/10/2010 14:14 (#1014953 - in reply to #1009253)
Subject: RE: credit card sweeper on laptop? any experience?

Texas

If he happens to use Quickbooks for his accounting, he can accept credit cards through his software using a laptop with an internet card connection.  He can also use the card reader available from Intuit or key in the numbers manually.  The card reader works well and saves some on the transaction fee.  I would highly recommend it to avoid fees and mistakes.  Handling the transaction this way will allow him to print an invoice and receipts at the same time.  It's fast and very efficient.

If I were him, I would buy the laptop mount available from Ram Mounts that also holds a portable printer and install it in my tow truck.  Power it from the trucks battery power and he would be all set.  I have processed credit cards for several years through Quickbooks using the card reader, and I really like their system.  It is seamlessly tied into the accounting and it eliminates any further inputs of the data.  Bank reconciling is simple too.  Just enter the charges, swipe the card, print the invoice and receipt, and all of the accounting is done.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)