AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any advice for mixed households? (pc and mac)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 11/18/2009 22:58 (#929652 - in reply to #929519)
Subject: RE: Hasn't Jobs all ready moved down market?

Western CO
So you are telling us that somehow the Windows that HP and Gateway use is less reliable and more prone to failure than the version that Sony and Toshiba get??????? Not sure I'm following you there. Ed, I think the chart that you posted would reflect reliability of the entire package right? In other words, chassis, power supply, manufacturing tolerances, and a whole host of things including how each is used and what they are subjected to in terms of mechanical failure and software failure.

And yes our purely anecdotal evidence must be the Mac users under the influence of a mind altering Apple trip ;-) Or those folks surveyed in the article Eric mentions actually are more satisfied. I'm generalizing of course but I would venture a guess that those folks that pay more have even higher expectations and therefore more likely to be dissatisfied with their purchase. And in my earlier post I was merely pointing out that what you were referring to as a "high dollar Mac" is really not so high dollar after all when you make an apples to apples comparison. I'm just guessing here but I don't think most folks are buying Macs just so they can run Windows on them, if that's what you are inferring as the reason Apple switched to the Intel platform.

I don't keep tabs on most of the PC manufacturers anymore but Dell used a business model that was somewhat similar to Apples for quite a while in that instead of dropping prices when the hardware became cheaper they simply packed more into the same $$ figure to return value to the customer for paying more than the cheapest hardware available.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)