AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Dog
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

sodbuster35
Posted 11/9/2009 08:36 (#917993 - in reply to #913933)
Subject: RE: Farm Dog

WC Illinois/SE Iowa
I am sorry to hear about your loss too. I hate losing a dog. I had a Beagle that got hit and another that died of Parvo just one week of me having her. Had to put her down at 8 weeks old and that just killed me. I now have a mut border collie that came with my wife. She is great. One of the best dogs I've ever seen. We also just got an Australian Shepard that will be 5 months on the 13th. We have already been to 2 sheep herding trainings and she is a natural. My goal with her is herding cattle, but I need to start somewhere. You should get a dog that suits your family and needs. All these breeds that have been mentioned are great, but they might not be right for you and your wife and kids. We don't have kids yet, but we hope to and felt that an Aussie would be very loyal and helpful around the farm as well. Waiting for a while is probably wise so you won't constantly compare the puppy to your "buddy" who is no longer around. It took me a year to replace my first Beagle just to lose the second in one week. Just my two cents on the whole thing.

(DSCN0467-500.jpg)

(DSCN0573-500.jpg)

(DSCN0622-500.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN0467-500.jpg (18KB - 83 downloads)
Attachments DSCN0573-500.jpg (23KB - 91 downloads)
Attachments DSCN0622-500.jpg (18KB - 83 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)