AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early Snow Leopard review
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 9/8/2009 22:00 (#839923 - in reply to #837538)
Subject: Re: Update

Found out today that my HP Deskjet F4140 all-in-one doesn't work with SL. I seldom print, but my wife tried printing a project she needed for her CCD class this Wed evening and no can do. Did some checking and find out that HP doesn't have a SL driver available yet. Website says they are working on it and should be available "soon".

The scanner does work however. In fact, it works better than it did under Leo. Used to have to use the HP utility to scan. Most of the time, the utility wouldn't recognize the scanner until I shut the unit down and restarted it. Snow Leo now includes scanner support under it's Image Capture utility - and I have tried that several times and it works right off the bat.

Anyhow, after Momma getting rather upset with me for thinking I have to be the first to try everything (she's right!) and screwing up her print project, I simply rebooted off of my external drive that I had a Leo. clone on. Booted back into Leo, printed her project, and all is good now. Sure am glad now that I made that backup - I'd have been in the doghouse for a few days had I not! ;)

My brother runs his business off of an iMac and he's still running Leo. He also has a printer similar to mine that also doesn not have a driver yet. Sure glad now that we discovered this as I had already encouraged him to upgrade. I'd have really been on the sh_t list had he upgraded only to find that he could not print his invoices and billing statements! Sometimes it is better off to just wait a couple of weeks for the dust to settle on major changes like this! Something to keep in mind if you are deciding to make the switch. There is a lot of info readily available on the net as to which apps and equipment will and will not work with SL at this point.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)