AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

is quickbooks online my only option?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Mark in NEMO
Posted 3/1/2024 08:49 (#10646576 - in reply to #10603598)
Subject: RE: is quickbooks online my only option?

Northeast Missouri
> ...it sounds like Quickbooks Enterprise is the only desktop software that they plan to keep offering

That could of course be true but is not very likely. That kind of rumor (possibly promulgated by Intuit as part of their campaign to "force" everyone into using that QuickBooks Online turkey) has been around ever since shortly after QuickBooks Online was released. Intuit even announced to developers that the QuickBooks SDK (interface software for creating QuickBooks desktop add-ons) would no longer be updated/supported---but they did that years ago, then quietly resumed support for it after QB users resisted the move to QBO, and sales of QB licenses stayed up.

It is true that development of Enterprise features is maintained in a separate software development group than the other desktop editions. That, and the fact that Enterprise is an entirely different and more lucrative market, are reasons Enterprise might be retained for much longer than the other desktop editions.

Remember, Intuit wants to control/manage their customers--like you'd manage a herd of cows--not serve their customers. That's why Intuit hides availability of the desktop editions on their Web sites. And why they also want you to *think* that most or all of the desktop editions are "going away soon, so you'd better get moved over to QuickBooks Online!".

We still use QB 2016, but those days are numbered. The most appealing thing I've looked at for online accounting is ZarMoney--it is organized and operates more like the QuickBooks desktop editions than does QBO.

Edited by Mark in NEMO 3/1/2024 08:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)