AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

is quickbooks online my only option?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 2/1/2024 09:54 (#10603454)
Subject: is quickbooks online my only option?

East Central, Nebraska
i have an older version of quickbooks desktop (2018 Pro). i need to update the laptop it is on, i want to install a new SSD hard drive and reinstall everything. I have a bad feeling that when i go to reinstall it that its not going to happen. they quit supporting it a long time ago and are absolutely determined to force me to go to quickbooks online. i can see it has some great features but i am just not interested. after chatting online with them for 30 minutes to simply get an answer to one question, (is quickbooks desktop still available) they tell me that the newest version of desktop is still a thing but it takes a secret handshake to get it apparently and after all of that its still an annual subscription. Im frustrated to say the least. all i really use quick books for is to balance farm accounts and manage equipment and land loans. i print a report at tax time and copy the information into a format that my accountant likes and all is well. i feel like the subscription model that quickbooks has now is trapping me into something i can never get out of. i understand that the whole world has went to a subscription way but this seems ridiculous. anyone have any ideas on other options?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)