AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8820 Titan II JD vs 1680 Case IH combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

PSF-LTD.
Posted 7/27/2009 20:39 (#790457 - in reply to #790239)
Subject: Re: 8820 Titan II JD vs 1680 Case IH combine

What ever you do don't even consider a Massey we used to run two of them a 1985 model and a 87 model the 87 was one of the very last ones and yes it did have some improvements over the earlier one but still it would never fail the hottest nicest thrashing day there was they would both be sitting there with some sort of a problem we used to put them through the shop every year before harvest and still there would always be something bearings, heating problems, chains you name it we used to sink a pile of money into them every year and they would always let us down. These machines were v8 hydro's not sure what the 6 standards were like but I know there is not one 860 with a v 8 in it that didn't smoke they all do the tractors with that engine in them do to I see them sell at sales for pretty much scrap value no way id be paying 15000 to 20000.
Bought a Jd 9600 6 crops ago and this year a 9750STS as a second combine maybe after this fall with the rotary I will change my opinion but something tells me not
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)