AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8820 Titan II JD vs 1680 Case IH combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 7/27/2009 16:08 (#790223 - in reply to #790209)
Subject: Re: 8820 Titan II JD vs 1680 Case IH combine

Kansas
If you also recall brad hasn't bragged on those masseys once. NOt even the newer one.

I'm suprised to hear of the luck you have with yours. The populus that ran those machines never did argue that they were not a good harvester..........just the fact that you never could go a full day harvesting without the service truck near by was the issue.

I've seen a pot full more of them smoke then not from when they first came out to the few still running today. If all it took was being set up right.....why the hell didn't they do it from the factory?

Our 750 was 12 years old. I cannot remember the hours but it was not steep. I pulled the injectors and took them to school to clean and adjust. I wish I could find that paper that told how out of whack they were. None of them were remotely close to the same pop off pressure. After I redid them dad said that engine had more power than when it was new.

I'd like to killed the idiot that put that square shaft through the stone trap door under the feederhouse....I think that was what that door was......been a long time since we had them around now.

Fought breaking power steering lines on the 750 for years.

A guy should of made a list. I cannot even begin to recall all the work we did to the 750 and 860 over the years but I dang sure remember it enough to realize they were a honking big red and gray boat anchor and I was never happier to see the day when the last one left the driveway.

Dad didn't know what to think when he got in the 2388 and could cut days on end without stopping to fix something.

I'm glad you have luck with yours because I would never wish the hell ours caused us on any good soul.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)