AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8820 Titan II JD vs 1680 Case IH combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 7/27/2009 08:13 (#789829)
Subject: 8820 Titan II JD vs 1680 Case IH combine

The more I research the more interested I am in purchasing a combine. I would like to start small (maybe smalller than the two listed) so that if things don't work out schedule wise I won't feel bad about letting it sit and having the custom harvesters do everything. If it does work out, I would consider cutting alongside them.

Anyways, for now, I was wondering what I could expect in terms of capacity (in corn with an 8 row head and wheat with a stripper header) for these two combines as well as maintenance costs. I would be running with a smaller graincart usually in 100 bushel corn but sometimes in 200 bushel corn (for the irrigated) so unloading auger speed and bin capacity is important too. I don't know where to get specifications for older combines so that's why I'm looking here.

The immediate advantage appears to be to the 8820 because of cost. In other posts that I have read, the 8820 is actually pretty close in capacity to a 9600 which I thought had more capacity than a 1680, but I really don't know numbers so any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by dpilot83 7/27/2009 08:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)