AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows XP dual monitor Q's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 6/19/2009 02:49 (#750289 - in reply to #750218)
Subject: Re: Windows XP dual monitor Q's

Grand Rapids, MI
Definately do the stand, one so that you can have one of your monitors landscape, two it saves you a lot of real estate (two 22" take up a lot of space if sitting on the desk), three the way I have it set up, I can turn one about 90" and share it with two or three other people sitting around my desk for an impromptu meeting with out doing the whole conference room & projector hassle.

I use Tiger Direct a lot, in fact I have a business account with my own rep. Usually don't use him, but he was great when I had a defective motherboard. Cross shipped a replacement, and gave me thier UPS shipper number to ship back on their dime. I think he would have issued a call tag if I wanted. I think any business can sign up for this. Check out biz.tigerdirect.com. Everybody raves about NewEgg and I use them too, but it is nearly impossible to get a live person to help you with a return, and you will pay shipping for defectives or returns too. I really like that I can place an order with Tiger Direct and have it the next day since they ship from Chicago, unlike most of the others who ship from Cali.

I am not sure the Aeron chair was $2600, perhaps when it first came out, but that was probably 15 years ago. Mine is going on 11 years and I know my wife didn't pay 1/2 that. Of course since Herman Miller is based about 15 miles from here in Zeeland, MI everyone seems to know someone who can get the substantial employee discount :-) I think list is between $1000 and $1500 today, new street price about $600-$1000 and used about $400-$500. The price dropped and a TON of used ones became available back when the dot-com bubble burst.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)