AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows XP dual monitor Q's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 6/18/2009 02:06 (#749174 - in reply to #747191)
Subject: RE: Windows XP dual monitor Q's

Grand Rapids, MI

I have 2 22" widescreens that can do 1920x1280 resolution and absolutely LOVE it! I have one in portrait and one in landscape. The portrait monitor is awesome for displaying a full page, we scan almost all the documents we handle into pdf format, our faxes come in as pdf's as well, so this configuration is great to have this document open on one screen and be able towork with a spreadsheet, GIS software, etc open on the other. One of the other computers in the office has 2 20" widescreens in the same config.  Also very nice, but the 22" monitors sure are fantastic. Of course I still have my laptop open also, its only a 12" lightweight, but is handy to run outlook for e-mail and calendar during the day.

I had to hunt for quite a while to find a mount that was strong and not $400, but just now did a google search and I see this one on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Stand-clamp-monitors-adjustable/dp/B001HHNCQY that looks identical and is 1/2 the price I paid! It puts the monitors right where you want them, and you would be suprised how much real estate it clears up.  I have my phone, pen/pencil holder, clock, pic of family, etc under the monitors and can still see and reach them.  I still have some room to push the keyboard back also.

See this picture below.  It isn't great of the monitor setup, but is what I have.  If you want a better pic of the setup, shoot me an e-mail and I would be happy to snap one.

P.S. I agree with getting a great office chair, can't beat the Herman Miller Aeron in the picture.  Not cheap, but going on 11 years old (my wife gave it to me as a wedding gift!) At 6'4" 200#+ I am not exactly easy on chairs either.

Hope this helps! Loren

Edited by lorenk 6/18/2009 02:15

(Office Monitors.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Office Monitors.jpg (15KB - 117 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)