AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any advice for mixed households? (pc and mac)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 11/24/2009 22:29 (#937133 - in reply to #936021)
Subject: Re: any advice for mixed households? (pc and mac)

Well, it seemed to me at least that Ed is pretty proud that this forum is running on a Windows server (again, I'll take his word for it). I simply pointed out that this forum software is a long way off from adhering to web standards - nothing to be too proud about. I'm not complaining though - I deal with the minor posting "flakiness" I experience with Safari, it's not that big of a deal to me seeing as how I also feel that the layout of these forums is far and away better than the "old site".

I could probably go into a MS store (you may have heard how MS now has a retail store - nearly a carbon copy knock-off of the very Apple Stores that they laughed at when the first one opened) and spend 5 min playing with a system running Win 7 and come to pretty much the same conclusion about Win as you did about the Mac. However, that isn't what I would call tasting the kool-aid. It's not even getting a whiff of it. I don't really judge operating systems much by the user interface - it's what's under the hood and behind the scenes that counts to me. But if that is how you judge OS's, you'd best avoid Win 7 seeing as how they have taken yet another step toward attempting to copy Mac OS X. ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)