AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Surveillance video...software.....website???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 9/9/2009 21:34 (#841165 - in reply to #837543)
Subject: Re: Surveillance video...software.....website??? results

Chebanse, IL.....

EdB, nsmith, Jason, Omar & others....

Thanks for the help & replies. First-for EdB & nsmith an answer. My IP changes every time I log in. I used nsmiths website & checked it a couple of times. Always different. So-that was probably not a good thing to try & continue that route.

Jason...we tried your logmein thing....and it worked! Very easy to use. I'm absolutely amazed that you can totally!!! (so far as I know...TOTALLY!) control & view another computer like that, remotely. The downloads & log-ins were done in a minute or less.

So, now I can view the surveillance pictures. HOWEVER, the quality if the screen view on the "repeater" computer is not very good. I tried it from a couple of different computers. I don't know if there's a setting that's changable by me or not. The view looks something like a album cover off the Beatles Sgt Pepper record, or something from the Moody Blues. Not good clarity. Colors are over-saturated, and of course, there's a 2 second delay between pictures. The view on the primary computer (the one w/the cameras connected to it) are live-action, real time & very clear. So, where do I lose all my resolution?

Jason, you had a valid point about 5gb data allowance for Verizon. I'll let you know how it turns out, but from our Verizon experience, I'm betting we won't get close to the 5 gb usage.

Thanks again everyone. Any ideas for better quality viewing on remote computers? I'll give a screenshot when it's daylight again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)