AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tough times
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SWND
Posted 2/8/2019 09:46 (#7306009 - in reply to #7303148)
Subject: RE: Tough times

Southwest ND
Yes there is hope. You asking for help says that you are willing to fight for her. I found myself in the same shoes at 25 yrs of marriage which was 3 years ago. I prayed to God that he would change me because I did not want to act like I was acting anymore. Since then my main focus is on my wife/marriage. We were financially well off enough(like you) that I rented out most of the farm to show her that now she/our marriage was my focus. I told her MANY time that I was sorry for not treating her like I should have. I bought her those flowers for every occasion like I failed to do in the past. I asked her if I could help her with anything. I thanked her for cooking, cleaning, bookkeeping, doing laundry ect. every day. I wish I could tell you that our marriage is changed but can't. We have a "roommate" type of relationship now. We can talk about shallow topics, kids, happenings of the day for now. What I can say is I am changed/forgiven/healed by God. You can only change yourself. Don't try to change your wife/marriage. I've tried that and it's an epic fail every time. Your wife has a fragile/hurting heart that only time and God can change. My heart aches every day for us. I believe mentally I'm getting stronger by the day and that helps me overcome the pain. The other day we actually laughed with each other. My heart/mind is committed to this relationship and I pray that we make headway. E-mail in profile. Thanks for listening.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)