AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Let's talk beer....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Flatulent Farmer
Posted 2/7/2019 14:41 (#7303991 - in reply to #7303854)
Subject: RE: Let's talk beer....

Silver Creek MN
Years ago, before the craft beer craze, I brewed my own beer at home in the kitchen. Almost always a darker IPA. My wife always hated to return home to a kitchen that smelled like hops. Since then, we have had three microbreweries pop up within ten miles of home. My homebrewed IPA was better than half of what they brew. Homebrewing is fun and not all that hard. You just have to take your time and be thorough. For the last five years I have grown hops on an old windmill in our yard. The vines get 25 feet tall and always have a good crop. I give the hop cones to folks who brew at home. In my opinion, some of the beers brewed by the local microbreweries get a little too fancy. Like one that uses raspberries and jalapeno peppers. A town nearby has an annual potato festival, so the brewery in that town brews a potato beer. The best part of having local microbreweries is that I get their "spent grain" from the brewing process for livestock feed. Free of charge, just have to haul it home. The grain is low in carbs, high in protein, and the cows and sheep just love it.

Edited by Flatulent Farmer 2/7/2019 14:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)