AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

firing employee
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

moobeast
Posted 2/5/2019 13:15 (#7298689 - in reply to #7298484)
Subject: RE: firing employee

Earlville, NY
Sure; I'll tell them he was no more than average, and may be a reliability issue. He'd always worked on his uncles farm before us, so I'm not sure he's ever had to look for work or deal with being let go before. It's pretty obvious that most other occupations these things aren't a big deal. One guy that's been with us for 6 or 7 years had a factory job for a few years, he got let go for too many times being late or sick. He's been very reliable for us, occasionally a few minutes late, never asks for extra time off, does anything you ask him to. He's a little scatter-brained at times, need to write down tasks so he doesn't forget. He's slowly getting more responsibility and better pay. Of course, his dad has been with us 25 years and helps keep an eye on him. The father is one of the best people we've ever had; 4 years in the Army did him a world of good; his brother also worked for me for 3.5 years, went downhill fast. He's the one I was glad to be rid of. Would never guess they were related.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)