AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IRS ..Cincinnati OH closed ?Goverment shutdown..... 2290 form stamp for semi liscense
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/19/2019 08:33 (#7255578 - in reply to #7254986)
Subject: Similar situation in Minnesota

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
We are in much the same situation. The farm truck is in my nephew's name but I generally do the 2290 for him in July. I go to the government website which allows me to download the 2290 form to my computer. I fill in the blanks on the computer which doesn't take too long as it jumps to the next field and keeps things aligned. The forum cannot be submitted online but must be printed out on paper and mailed in. One of the duplicate pages is stamped by the government and mailed back to my nephew. We fall into the less than 7500 miles and farm use only category so the only cost is the envelope and stamp.

The truck needs new tabs here in Minnesota in February. My nephew tried to get new tabs for this truck but the locals refused because of no stamped 2290. He called me and asked if I had filed like I usually do. I always make a copy for my files when I send in the request. I couldn't find a copy for this time around but looked in the previous year's files and found the copy for that year. Apparently I didn't do it last July. I checked with some sources online but found them to be around $40 or so.

I filled out the forms online and printed them out and sent them in a couple of weeks ago. To my knowledge my nephew has not received the returned stamped copy yet. Even without the shut down he may not have gotten it yet anyway. It hasn't bothered us yet but I need to haul some corn in February.

I may investigate the service that does this for around $10. I didn't realize they could authorize the 2290 themselves without using the government.

Edited by tedbear 1/19/2019 08:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)