AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Little Red B
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 11/17/2018 14:16 (#7111112 - in reply to #7111036)
Subject: RE: Little Red B

As I recall B's , C's and F-20's out west in the sandhills hayfields were used to sweep hay, BACKWARDS. They put a high gear that let them run 20-25 all day. If you think frontwards was squirrely, you should see how fast they came around in reverse. The seat was turned backward but steering wheel remained as is. Dont recall how the pedals got reversed but the were.

They were used just to push hay into bunches. The main stacker tractor pushed a couple bunches at a time onto the overshot stacker head. Then a small little 7n pulled the cable out which ran the hay up to the top and flip over the top into the cage. Hay came down with a thump.

I recall the boss chewing us out if we didnt make 20-25 stacks a day. Had 2 or 3 double 9' mowers, Rouse I think. And 2 -36' dump rakes. You went across a lot of acres of grass hay a day.

But the feeling of that thing coming around to change directions on the backward sweeps was like none other. At full speed you whipped the steering wheel down and it came around so fast you thought it should flip.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)