AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One good thing about all the tariff talk.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bearsbite
Posted 7/7/2018 23:15 (#6856355 - in reply to #6856297)
Subject: RE: One good thing about all the tariff talk.

Im a farmer as well. However, why hold ill will towards professional traders? It sounds really kind to say we want everyone to make a profit and im certain you are well meaning and truthful while saying that. However their job is make money for themselves as well as those who invest with their fund. maybe the problem lies in the fact that when they "turn and burn" their content taking their profits and we wait for more. Its not plausible for everyone to make some money. That is the Board of trade. its a zero sum game. This isnt Utopia. when you go into the implement dealer do you really want him to make money or do you want to get him to the point of losing money. I work part time in one of those dealerships that recently closed. Knock on sweeps were 40% off and guys were asking if we were gonna throw springs and brackets in free. Youre risking no more or no less than the trader that stays up for days on end writing a successful algo and then invests his hard earned money in an attempt to make a profit. corn was recently $4 and beans were $10.50. How long should the turn and burners wait to take their dough? Until we as farmers sell? I guess ultimately how much do we think of the guy losing money when the market goes the way WE want it to? This reply wasnt necessarily for you dakotaboy, what you posted just addressed some of the things I have been mulling over lately.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)