AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who is paying the tariffs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Baby Robin
Posted 7/4/2018 15:35 (#6850513 - in reply to #6850326)
Subject: RE:why would another country buy US origin beans from China just to "help a brother out"

Fontanelle, IA
I am having a hard time trying to process the reselling of US origin beans to avoid the tariff. it would seem really smart to resell beans in an uptrending market but I am not sure in a downtrending market.

Why would another country buy US origin beans from China at current values if they ultimately know that US beans on the CME will be $7.50? $10.60 high on May 1 x 25% tariff. Why would they help a brother out.... I would think that any of potential bean buyers from a Chinese trader trying to unload a bad buy would act like Mr. Wonderful on Shark tank and smell blood in the water...….. and they will take their pound of flesh. I would want the Chinese vessel to throw in extra days before demurrage charges start to wrack up at my country's port because I now have to somehow "fit" that unexpected vessel in the unloading schedule.

I guess that it would seem that the Chinese trader is going to have to offer that cargo of US beans at a steep discount to current values just to get some country's buyer to buy them... Similar to when those Chinese inspectors found "unapproved" Gmo corn in US shipments.

Edited by Baby Robin 7/4/2018 15:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)