AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

frogman
Posted 6/27/2018 11:22 (#6837151)
Subject: Report

Central Indiana
So with all of the bearish news lately, is a slight increase of say a half million acres of corn and beans each considered bearish, or is the trade already expecting this. It would seem that they think there will be a record yield until proven otherwise, and does a small increase or decrease in acres, at this point change much? Seems like it will take several things to turn this market around, trade deal, lower acres, etc, not just one thing. Would a trade announcement by itself be enough? I'm sure no one knows for sure, but it is interesting to discuss. I really thought the posts about what it takes to achieve a record crop, nationally, were very useful, and bullish. When everyone is bearish, you start to believe the doom and gloom. However, is it possible that the energy created by this crash sets us up very well for new highs, given several good news days (trade announcements, lower acres, etc.) For the guys that are faced with too much or not enough water, I think that they could use an optimistic conversation about the timeline of a possible market rally, sling shotting off of this recent downturn. We have very good crops in Central Indiana, but I know what it feels like to have 130 bu. corn at a low price when you need 150+ to make money. Also, thank you to the people that continue to spend time posting useful info (IN555, SoDak, and others) it is very appreciated. If rain makes grain, until it doesn't. Maybe low prices, increase demand, until it doesn't. Who knows? Price does. HaHa
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)