AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Loud animal scream I couldn’t identify
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 5/26/2018 18:19 (#6779770)
Subject: Loud animal scream I couldn’t identify

West of Broken Bow
This occurred more than ten years ago while I was out alone heading back on foot on a firebreak. Had just wrapped up a day of bow hunting for deer in Texas. The walk back to my pickup was three to four miles. This is in an area with a decent rattlesnake population. So it can be somewhat concerning in the dark on a warm night.

All the supplies and gear was carried in my hands and on the portable tree stand which was strapped to my back and shoulders. I always tried to be as quiet as possible when going in or heading out. Right after I made it onto the trail with all my gear, I called a family member to let someone know that I was ok and was on the way back to my pickup. All of a sudden there was an ear piercing scream to my left, across a fence on a historical cattle ranch. It was the kind and volume of scream that cannot be ignored. And this is coming from a guy well used to walking alone in the dark and having wild animals cross right in front.

I’ve heard a lot of animal screams in person and on YouTube, but am uncertain just what was screaming at me that evening. The sun had just set and I couldn’t see under the tree canopy where I had determined the animal was at that had made the terrifying sound. Would like to someday figure out what it was.

Edited by TractorAddict 5/26/2018 19:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)