AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sciatica... Anyone had it?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 5/14/2018 06:15 (#6759406 - in reply to #6759375)
Subject: RE: Sciatica... Anyone had it?

Why so eager to go under the knife? I hear FAR more horror stories from back surgeries than good ones. Is there an actual problem that is new and they can fix? Or do you have the usual bulging or herniated disc that almost all of us has?

I had it many years ago. I couldn't sit down for several months. The pain was excruciating. It felt like a hot knife was jammed in to my left cheek and was being ripped down to the back of my knee.

I went to see a chiropractor... A lot. 3x a week for a month or more, and the pain subsided. Yes it took a while, but I never went under the knife. I was in my early 30s at the time, and never even considered surgery.

I have learned from my own body that it takes time to heal and medicine isn't always the best option for aches and pain. Many times when I am hurt and in pain, they can't 'find' anything wrong. Several times over the years it has gone away on its own. Yes I do go to the doctors at first checking for something new and obvious, but they haven't found anything yet that needed immediate surgery. Patience is key.

The first thing my chiropractor told me to do is lay on the floor. Put my legs up on the couch so the angle between my thighs and calves were both 90 degrees. Like I was sitting fully upright in a chair, only lying down. Then take a towel, roll it up and place it under the small of my back. Put some ice on top of the towel. 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off. It offered relief. My chiropractor also recommended stretching which I also did. And that added to the pain relief. I continued to see a chiropractor regularly for several more years, and never had another flare up.

It's been at least 15 years now, and I still haven't had pain since or surgery. When my back gets tight, or feels off, I see my chiropractor.

While everyone is different, I urge you to exhaust ALL options BEFORE getting surgery. I've seen it with my own eyes that while yes, back surgery works for some, it usually causes more harm than good. . I am skeptical, especially if there is no new trauma to have caused your issue.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)