AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old water line break,,,,,,,,, somewhere.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 5/6/2018 07:32 (#6746893)
Subject: Old water line break,,,,,,,,, somewhere.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
Great,,,,I suspected I might have a water leak somewhere from the low water pressure going to my shop where I fill fill water wagon for spraying now I’m 100% sure I have one,,,,, somewhere :-(.

I’ve got a 20’ shallow well that supplies water to the whole farmstead via who know how old of the old pipes,,,,,75-100 years old,,,,, I really have no idea how old the pipe is. It was here when we moved here 62 years ago, my dad always told me it was old back then.

With everything thing shutoff I timed the pressure switch yesterday and every 90 seconds the well pump kicks in and starts pumping again and I can hear water leaving the pressure tank. I can’ find any water leaks anywhere above ground and no water coming to the surface anywhere yet close to where it might be.

I can think of 6 old unused water supply places that at one time we’re used to water cattle and hogs that I personally plugged at the place where the water supply line came up and buried them all over the years. Plus all of the other T’s, 90’s and etc. throughout the old line.

I have Rural water that supplies the house and with a couple of quick disconnects I can supply the whole farm but no way in heck do I want to let that water leak out.

If the leak doesn’t surface soon I think I’m going to just bury a whole new line from the well to the places I still use the water.

I guess I should look at the bright side this could’ve happened in the winter when the ground was frozen :-).

The joys of owning an old farmstead :-).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)