AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What happens next
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 10/4/2017 21:26 (#6288024 - in reply to #6287974)
Subject: RE: Break it down

EC Nebraska
AVP_Matt - 10/4/2017 21:12

Not to knit pick but you don't have any K in those figures, corn will use some K. On the flipside you have some AMS in there and with that included you have an N rate for closer to 200 bu.

I've got native K levels between 300 and 400 ppm. I won't run out of K anytime soon. But you can include 50 lbs/acre Potash in my numbers if you want. I have put that much on sometimes. It eliminates the sag in tissue test levels during rapid growth stage, and it seems to reduce visual heat stress symptoms during mild drought. But there's no reason whatsoever to apply more than 50 lbs potash on my ground. It'll just make the magnesium deficiencies worse.

I can get 180 dryland corn yields when ever the weather cooperates. 150-160 is common enough. So I don't really think that 130 lbs actual N/acre is too excessive. Maybe it is. I will lower the AA rate to 80-85 lbs if the ground is sealing well and I can drive a little faster. In years when the ground pulls harder and I can't drive as fast with the AA rig I prefer to keep the rate up to 100 lb/acre actual to keep flow rates up in the machine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)