AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mexico and Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 2/13/2017 16:20 (#5837223 - in reply to #5837175)
Subject: RE: Mexico and Corn

South Central Iowa
Devil's Advocate

A bill like that would hurt Mexican consumers and have little impact on US Farmers. Mexicans would be forced to take whatever price the South Americans would have without being able to leverage competition from the U.S. US farmers and exporters would be able to gain market share in countries that formerly bought corn from the South Americans, but now have seen those prices rise as increased buying competition comes from Mexican buyers.

The media is so fake and so biased. They say that tariffs on imports to the U.S. will hurt our country. But in the next article they say that tariffs on U.S. imports to Mexico will hurt our country too. So apparently it is always a one-way street that another country can tariff US exports without harming itself and if the U.S. places tariffs on that same country's exports, it will also only harm the U.S. They are fake.

This isn't a debate about tariffs or anything. It is about how fake our news media is constantly. Seriously, tariffs applied to the U.S. hurt our country as do tariffs applied to imports. Never any mention of the harm to other countries like Mexico.

Mexico would be harmed worse by that stupid bill. Their food costs would go up and we would fill the export vacuum of other countries as Brazil and Argentina move more of their production to Mexico.

In this game, the U.S. has a Royal Flush and Mexico has a pair of 5's. Everyone knows it, including the idiots in the news who continue to write articles without any sense of logic.

EDIT: I want to add that I am not arguing for tariffs. I am just making a point that the Mexican bill hurts Mexicans worse than us and our media acts like tariffs will bring harm to the U.S. ONLY, regardless of who applies them or how they are applied.

Edited by Conan the Farmer 2/13/2017 16:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)