AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

December Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

1206 Boyz
Posted 2/9/2017 19:51 (#5828836 - in reply to #5828768)
Subject: RE: COMESTAY

comestay - 2/9/2017 19:39

1206 Boyz

I am not trying to be a smart !@#$

My plan is, I sold all of my 16 crop yesterday.......except for about 15 % that had to go to elev at harvest and was cashed out than.

And today I sold 75% of my APH....all at once......... & will buy 80% crop ins coverage......5% less is an attempt to cover a basis issue.

And the reason is, as I implied, is that I cannot financially handle the market getting worse.....I agree with your carryout worry.......and another say 10-20 cents is not worth the risk to me. Now also, as I implied, if I was really in a bind and needed more than todays market to break even........I would just try to wait it out, as I would be screwed anyway at todays price if I was in that position.

Thoughts are coveted.........Thanks

Thank you for your reply comestay....you have added value...I like what you have laid out. Just wish you would have offered that the first time. We are all here to help and learn from each other! NOW your marking plan... I am in your camp and like it!   NOT all growers fit in your plan...please continue to add value. Thanks comestay!

Edited by 1206 Boyz 2/9/2017 19:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)