AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

An article on risk taking that will get you thinking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/31/2016 18:05 (#5077839 - in reply to #5077095)
Subject: RE: An article on risk taking that will get you thinking

Pittsburg, Kansas
You make some good points billybob. Many things boil down to if a person applies themselves or just coasts along.

I found a lot to agree with in the article and some things I also disagree. Not everyone wants to be an entrepreneur. Not every one can be. It is a good thing there are a lot of people that prefer a steady paycheck, knowing they will never get rich, but like the security of something steady.

More than one way to skin a cat. Some people that are entrepreneurs love what they do and work many more hours than someone at a steady job. But they get their satisfaction from the job. Other people work the job so they can do the things they like after work. Either way is not a bad way.

I have two grandson's at college age. I tell them if they really know what they want and college offers the education that they need to get there, by all means, go for it. But if you don't know what you want or are only going for a general education, better to not end up fifty or a hundred grand in debt and be a debt slave for most of the rest of your life. Either find a trade school or even just get a job and wait a year or two till you find out what you want. The days are past where you can work your way through college without going into debt. Better not go there simply to coast along till you figure out what you want. I don't know if that is good advice or not, as I never went to college. But it is the best I could do for them.

I did think the article brought out enough points that it at least made a person think about some things.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)