AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carbs are everywhere!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 1/9/2016 22:10 (#5024539 - in reply to #5018832)
Subject: RE: Carbs are everywhere!!!!!

Aggieland
Dodgefarmboy - 1/7/2016 16:46

Chad or anyone how many carbs would you suggest a 25 year old 240lb man to shoot for to get some results like you guys have gotten?

I'm only 31 and about the same weight as you and I'm 6ft tall. I carry all of my fat in my belly and neck. I tease that I've got more chins than a Chinese phone book! I have to wear size 36-38 waist pants because of my gut. My arms and legs are pure muscle. I also suffer from that genetic disorder called noassatall.

This week I tried very hard to limit my carbs, nothing else. I haven't had a single soda since jan 2nd, and according to my bathroom scale I've lost 5lbs already. I haven't gotten into the good carb bad carb blah blah, my goal is to take advice from people like Von and adjust it to something I can SUSTAIN! I am the worlds greatest yo yo dieter. I have lost 35lbs before and gained it and a bit more right back on! I lost the weight by hard core diet and exercise and burned myself out.
I have set a target goal of 50g of TOTAL carbs per day for myself. If I want to have one coke that's about my limit for the day and nothing else I eat will have carbs. I'm eating normal meat, I'm not going chicken crazy or anything like that. The most important thing I've noticed this week is the urge to graze is gone. I'm no longer eating a small snack bag of chips mid day, no candy bars at every gas station stop, no Cokes that make me feel sluggish for hours on end.
If you're married that's also another struggle, getting your spouse on board with your plan. My wife has been very supportive and she actually thinks we can make this a life style change for me in particular. Tomorrow we are grilling steaks and she asked if she could make Swiss potatoes and I said sure, I'll eat a tablespoon full. I don't miss getting the shakes either, it's a terrible feeling when you're cramming a soda and a bag of chips down your throat to try and stop the shakes. You just know that can't be good for you. I have not had the shakes since I started and they used to be a near daily occurrence.
Another big thing more me is I don't have time to exercise, I'm on my feet most all day doing things and burning calories so why couldn't I ever lose weight from just what I burn, I believe I'm discovering the answer to it. I was eating all the wrong things.
I will also add that it does seem to cost a little more to do this. Our grocery bill went up about 25$ a week because I bought more meat than normal and more fresh veggies as well. $100 a month is cheap if I can get back down to close to 200lbs and feel good about myself again.

Best of luck and remember to do what you know you can maintain, not a quick fix the weddings coming up weight loss regiment.

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)