AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carbs are everywhere!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Cat33
Posted 1/6/2016 06:38 (#5014855 - in reply to #5014273)
Subject: RE: Carbs are everywhere!!!!!

NE SD
I did the Atkins diet hard core about 10-12 years ago and essentially cut carbs out completely. I really didn't have the cravings after about a week at most. Weight came off easy peasy. Started in February, lost about 60 by July. I was also down to under 1000 calories per day, some days I'd have an Atkins bar for breakfast, two fried eggs for lunch and an another bar at night.....so not exactly the healthiest diet lol. But hey, I didn't have to work out! I quit when I got down to 199 and people said I looked sickly. 6'1" btw. So I gradually worked back to eating normally and stayed around 225 for a long time.

Then 3 years ago my weight went out of control due to some health issues (and partly because I just didn't care what I ate because I felt so bad). Spent 8 days in the hospital a year ago and got a chemical balance straightened out, and found out my liver isn't processing the way it should because of a blood disorder which screwed everything else up as well. So got to a manageable eating regimen, had to quit alcohol also, and went from 317 to 253 in 8 months. Started an "every other day" diet after that, but only a moderate one a month and a half ago, and down to 249. If I can get back to 230 i'll be happy. So limiting carbs every other day, cutting out sweets on those days and eating things like grilled chicken and green beans, but not really cutting the sizes too much. No snacks other than a granola bar in the afternoon, and I usually would go half coffee, half cappuccino in the mornings at the morning gossip session at the truck stop, diet days it's now just straight coffee.

So it's much more pleasant this go around.

Lots of rambling there! I started on the carbs thing and just went off the rails lol.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)