AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carbs are everywhere!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iknow
Posted 1/5/2016 23:51 (#5014673 - in reply to #5014273)
Subject: RE: Carbs are everywhere!!!!!

I guess i'm going to throw my two cents worth in. I'm struggling with diabetes....I basicly need to figure out what to do myself, dr just does not get
it. So using the Endocrinology assn guidelines and ADA guidelines.
yes, carbs are everywhere, but I do get a bit upset when people want to do a keto diet.......understand I know a bit about kidney function, my dad was
on it for a number of years. people going on keto diets used to drive our doctors nuts.....granted once you have to do dialysis it doesn't matter, matter
of fact, they have to eat a lot of protein.....my dad had to eat 6 eggs and sausage every morning.....a big sandwich at noon, and two pork cutlets or
minutes steaks per night...and he weighed 150 pounds.
a long term keto diet can cause kidney problems...yes you can loose weight, but at what cost ?

take it from me, it's not fun setting in a chair 3 hours per day 3 days a week at a dialysis center.

if you are dead set on doing it, consult your dr first, and have a kidney function test done along with micro albumium urine test done before you start to
give a benchmark.

I hope you can loose some weight, I know it's tough, doing it myself, and if you are prediabetic, maybe loosing the weight will stop you from becoming
a diabetic....it's no fun....between the pills, poking your finger, giving yourself shots, watching what you eat, and complications, such as problems with
feet and eyes......do everything you can to avoid it.

iknow.........I go thru it every day with all of it.

take care and good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)